Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Finally!

Yeah! I finally sent out our documents for the Russian court today. A total of 2.3 pounds worth of paperwork. Now our paperwork bundle is up to almost 8 pounds. But, it is complete thus far. Once it is translated, the judge in Russia will look through it and decide what he wants updated. Which means, more paperwork. Crazy, but true. I was very excited to send it out FedEx today. The agency will receive it tomorrow. Then it goes to Russia to be translated. I hope it doesn't take too long. We are still shooting for a return trip before the new year but I am not sure. The email I received today from Vica mentioned that 3 families are going to Yeakterinburg within a couple weeks. They have been waiting from 8-11 months between their trips. I know that with the accredidation process that things were held up a little last year. Hopefully we won't wait that long. If we do we may not even get Colby before he turns 2. This waiting stuff stinks. I have been patient for 2 months, I am not sure how much more patient I can be.

On the bright side, one of the couples we met in Russia has been home with their son now almost 2 months. He looks great. I have enjoyed reading their continuing story and seeing his pictures. Congrats C & M!

No comments: