Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Monday, July 14, 2008

Another Weekend Gone

It has been 3 weeks since we first met Colby. At times it seems like just yesterday and at other times it seems a lifetime ago. Is that possible? We are making some headway with the medical paperwork. Today we go back to the pulmonologist. Hopefully he will sign the papers for us. Then we will have 3 signatures out of 8.

The weekend was a good one. I spent Saturday with my mother. We went shopping at Babies R' Us. Two of my cousins are having babies. One lives in Oklahoma and his boy is due in a couple weeks. The other lives around here and she is due to deliver her child in early Sept. There is a baby shower set for her in August so my mom and I went to get her a present. She is decorating the room in all frogs. We bought the lamp and a few blankets for her and we bought a cute cowboy outfit to send to my other cousin. It is so cute. We also went to BJs, a wholesale club store around here. Mom bought the carseat that Mike and I want. She even found a cute outfit for Colby at Babies R' Us. Hoefully it will fit. It is hard to figure out what we will need for him. How big will he be? What will he be eating? Will he still want a bottle? So many questions...

I am quite happy for both of my cousins. It is great that they will have the family that they want. But, although I try not to, I also feel jealous I guess you can say. They will experience the birth of their children. I can't. They will experience their children's first day of life. I can't. But in the end, we will all have beautiful children to spend the rest of our lives with. What more precious gift is there, no matter how we get there. There are many ways to achieve parenthood, Mike and I are just on a different path.

No comments: