Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Good News, Bad News, No News

Oh the duplicity of adoption. There are no good days or bad days. Every day has its bad and good moments. My thoughts and feelings jump from hope to despair and everywhere in between. Yesterday overall I guess was a good day. Our documents that we are waiting on all seem to be coming within the next week. We did receive our old passports back yesterday with a promise that the new ones are on their way. So we can update the passport ID numbers on the paperwork. We finished our medical 8 doctor paperwork mess yesterday but now need to visit with a psychologist as well. That was scheduled for Tues 7/29. Now we need verifications from the state for all the doctors. Those should be coming soon. I am waiting on the FBI check but hope to have it soon. Last time it only took them a week. So the paperwork trail is coming to a close for now. We know that much of the paperwork will need to be updated again. Why? I can't tell you. I have no answer. That is what Yekaterinburg wants so that is what they get.

One downside, we need to wait on the financial paperwork since I still have no job. I went for an interview with People's Bank. HOpefully that will turn out ok. We'll see. I don't hold out much hope. I fear that the work situation is helpless and thus the adoption is helpless and will never come to fruition. I hate to think that my old "boss" and a couple coworkers may be the reason that I don't get to bring my baby Colby home. That had better not be true. But, I must strive on and find that job. Colby is counting on me, Mike is counting on me, everyone is counting on me, and I hate to let people down.

As for the no news, I think that might be the hardest. My son is across the world, separate from Mike and me, and we have no idea what he is doing. Is he happy or sad? Did he get a hug and feel loved today? I know we were told that we will receive updates about him and some pictures but we have heard nothing yet. The unknown is what hurts the most. I can do something about the paperwork and the job but I can't change the fact that I am not there to watch my baby grow and play and just be himself.

No comments: