Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Passports and Visas

I want to update all of you on the passport saga from yesterday. I wrote that we went to get new passports because they had gone through the wash. Well, we were told that the new passports will have a new ID number and the old ones will be destroyed not returned to us like usual. So now some of our paperwork needs to wait to be done when the passports come in about a month. We need the new ID number first. Also, when Mike and I returned from the post office, giving them our passports and registering for new ones, we received the email from Wide Horizons telling us what paperwork we need to do now. Well, as I was reading the pages of instructions, I noticed towards the end one small line. We need a copy of your Russian Visas from your last visit. I almost flipped out. The Visas is inside the passports. We just gave up our passports to be destroyed. I had to go back to the post office and tell them the story and ask for a copy of the passport Visas. Luckily we met very nice people at the post office and they have been extremely helpful. They talked with me for a little while and I showed them a picture of Colby. They still had the passports there, they were going to be sent out at 3 and it was about 2. Luckily I got a copy of both of our Visas. What a whirlwind day!

No comments: