Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Return Home

June 27th. That was the day I left a piece of myself behind in Russia. It was the hardest moment thus far in my life. We had a 5AM flight to Frankfurt, Germany so we had to get up very early. I am not the best morning person so luckily my brain wasn't going crazy too early. I don't think it hit me until we took off in the airplane that we had to leave Colby behind as we went home. As we took off, my heart sank. How could I leave such a sweet baby boy in Russia while I go home? To do what? Paperwork? Just ducky...

We only had about a 4 hour layover in Frankfurt before we would take off for NYC, then our 2 hour drive home. As we waited in Frankfurt, I spent the time looking at the pictures of us with Colby as well as the video we had taken. Boy are we terrible at taking videos. But it certainly made us laugh. It will be great to watch as we wait to return. I remember a feeling of uncertainty yet amazement as we left for Russia, now I also had a feeling of uncertainty, but for different reasons. I wasn't sure when we would see Colby again. How would I be able to wait to go back? How would we get through the whole medical paperwork nightmare? How will my patience survive, since it was already getting stretched thin? So much unknown. The one thing I did know- Mike and I love Colby and we will survive and bring him home. I just hope it will be before Christmas, what a great Christmas that will be....

No comments: