Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Month Gone By, Feelings

It has been a month. 4 whole weeks since we first were in Russia and saw Colby for the very first time. At times it seems like yesterday and at other times, I wonder if we were really even there. A month ago we went from Yekaterinburg to Kamensk-Uralski to the baby home and met Tatiana, the baby home director. A month ago went to the baby home and first saw this blond haired, gray eyed little boy with the cute little smile and long skinny fingers. Those big gray eyes first looked at Mike and I in surprise but soon seemed to twinkle with delight as we played with him and brought him on the swing. I am not sure if I can say it was love at first sight. Perhaps yes, perhaps no. I do know that it seemed at the time to be a little surreal. This little boy will become my child, really? We will become a family? Is it really true? I still have a hard time believing in that concept. It still seems to good to be true. However, I now have a clear image of Colby in my head and I find myself thinking about him many times a day. Is it the same as a mother's love? I am not sure right now. But I know that it will be.

As for a month gone by, that is a good thing I guess. It at least brings us one month closer to going back. We finished our 8 doctor treasure hunt and are getting through the other paperwork. We are still waiting on the new passports and the second FBI check. We need to take more pictures of us and the house, including Colby's room. The crib is up, and has been since December. Mike has almost finished the dresser that he is building for Colby. We hope to have that in the room this weekend so we can take new pictures in there. We are still waiting on the mortgage and the car loan companies for those letters as well. Everything should be coming within a week so we should be able to hand most of it in soon. The paperwork with the new passport numbers will have to wait as will the financial statement. I want to wait on that until I find a job, hopefully within the next couple weeks. So, we are making progress but for me it is way too slow. Hopefully they are making progress in Russia as well. I have not heard from Svetlana yet. I hope we will get an update soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just went on to get an update. Cant believe you washed the passports. Glad you are passing all the doctor vists

Deb Conte

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment Deb. Luckily the new passports are already in the mail. We just received the old ones back.