Russia

Russia
We went to Yekaterinburg

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some Progress and Two Great Dinners

Well, I am happy to report that after some frustration yesterday with doctors, we have made some good progress with our paperwork today. Many of you will be happy to know that Mike and I still do not have a criminal record as noted by the FBI. The background checks were a pleasant surprise early this morning. The state is verifying the 7 doctors licenses for us so that should be on its way. We do however, need to obtain copies of each doctors board certifications in their specialties. The state can not verify their specializations so we need separate documents for that. Of the 7 doctors, I was able to get 3 today and I think 2 are in the mail. The other 2 are still a work in progress. So, some happiness today. We also went to see the mayor today and got him to sign the letter proving that we own and reside in our house. We also obtained the house deed and property card. All with certified copies, notarizations, and town seal/stamp. Hopefully Russia will appreciate all the stamps on our documents. Now we just need to send them to the state to get a state stamp or apostille. So many checks and balances. Is it good or bad? I'm not sure but it isn't much fun getting them all.

We just got back from dinner with Mike's parents. He had gone there to get bug spray for the dresser he made. I guess we still have some unwelcome buggies eating their way through the dresser. So he got the bug spray and an invite for spaghetti. A nice surprise today too.

Last night we had a nice dinner with my mom. Then Mom and I went to the movies. We saw Mama Mia. It was very funny. Mom and I going to the movies on a Tuesday night has always been a special thing for us. When I was in high school and home from college, we would go at least once a month or so. I really enjoy spending the time with my mom. I can only hope that my child/children and I will have a special bond like my mom and I do.

So, some really nice things going on here. We hope to have most of the paperwork sorted out and sent to the state within a week or so and then sent to Russia. Then we will see what we will have to update. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that my blog had an international "hit". That's great. I am not sure who might be reading this but I hope that it is helping someone. I'd love to hear back from some of you. Either leave a comment or you can email me at Khamele@sbcglobal.net I'd love to hear from other people who are going through similar circumstances. There is strength in numbers.

No comments: